☆ 御车族-福州兵人模型店皇冠金牌店
查看: 5451|回复: 32

[参考] TONY作品:打造英国皇家龙骑兵

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-11-8 09:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
BBICN 上海旗舰淘宝店
作者:TONY

The Saddle :

I arranged a trip to the Royal Armouries in Leeds to see the original 1805 saddle .
The tree is made from Sculpey , simply because I couldn’t locate a source of fine wood which didn’t split when the metal fittings were added.
I may replace it when I can find some beechwood , which is what it should be .
All fittings of metal, various bits of wire and pins etc., and all the tack is removeable and can be adjusted as per the original.

The Tree :~

001.jpg

With the leather flaps and seat fitted :~

002.jpg

The Leather Tack : all calf , stained and waxed, mostly stitched , the bits stirrups and buckles my own pewter castings. The working brass buckles are made from wire.
The holsters have brass caps soldered together from tube and sheet.

Saddle with all fixtures , but not covered by the sheepskin :~

003.jpg

The bridle has all its metal fittings cast in pewter.

004.jpg

Notice the white webbing halter.
This is the simpler style of bridle... the Hussars used the decorative Hungarian type with the cross-pieces and rosettes.

{Incidentally, if you have a DiD Hussar and want to put him on a horse, this is what the saddle looked like.
My friend Cesar Dubon can make you one, if you ask nicely.... }

The forage net ( see pic below ) is made from fishing net.

The sheepskin in these pics is from a soft toy ; I’ve now replaced this with a piece of real lambskin I bought recently, backed with dyed orange felt.
I even cast some horseshoes and nails , which balance the pistol in the other holster.

005.jpg

He’s wearing the stable jacket and forage cap in this pic , which are stowed in the valise before getting dressed in the dolman and equipment :~

006.jpg

The Uniform :
Apart from the overalls , shirt , waistcoat and boots , which are the DiD items, everything else is homemade.
I dyed a batch of brushed cotton , and used that for all the dark blue uniform items.
The dolman is laced with white silk bunka cord from Little Trimmings.

007.jpg

Done by pinning the jacket parts to an embroidery frame , and stitching the cording and buttons in place before assembling the parts of the jacket .
The buttons are cast pewter.

The buff equipment is cut from deerskin, originally part of a pair of Life Guards breeches. Dimensions and details from Turner.
The cartridge pouch has the wooden block and carbine rounds inside.

008.jpg

The cloak is fullsize , not a dummy , and rather difficult to squash small enough to roll and strap to the front of the saddle , but it can be done.

I have always loved this earlier uniform with the Tarleton helmet , which although officially replaced in 1812 with the French style uniform with a shako , was probably worn until the end of the War in 1814 .
We know less about the precise details of this outfit than the later one , since no trooper’s uniforms and very few illustrations survive . We are uncertain how much decoration was worn on the dolman , and whether the men carried sabretaches , so I have had to make a few choices .

The helmet:

The Tarleton helmet was made of three main pieces of boiled leather , blocked and jacked with lacquer. I was kindly allowed to have a close look at a Yeomanry example in the local museum to see the construction, and followed it closely. The crest is black sheepskin from Matt, standing in for the contribution of the relieved bear.
The plume is from cut feathers twisted into wire, fitted into a brass socket under the turban , which is silk ribbon. All the white metal fittings are wired in place on the original.
The badge bears the Prussian eagle inside a Garter and Crown.

009.jpg

The weapons :

All modelled and cast , the carbine in resin and the sword and pistol in pewter.

The DiD sword is hopelessly underscale, and I made my own sabre by modelling and casting the hilt , then filing & routing a mild steel blade cut from sheet.
The scabbard was cast solid, then I took two castings , removed one side of each , hollowed them to fit the blade , then epoxied the two halves back together. Amazingly tedious, but it worked.

010.jpg

The pistol and carbine were modelled after pictures of originals found on the web and from dimensions given in Bailey’s British firearms book.

The haversack and canteen are the standard patterns , made to the correct dimensions following Turner .
Linen haversack with cotton webbing strap, and resin cast waterbottle.

Thanks to Matt for the sheepskin, Keith Matthews at the Castle Museum for the original Tarleton details , Thom at theRoyal Armouries for help with the saddle.

References :~
Pierre Turner “Soldier’s accoutrements of the British Army 1750-1900 “ , Crowood Press.
D.W.Bailey : “ British Military Longarms 1715-1865 “ , Arms& Armour Press .

上一篇:征求意见,海德里希富裕的衣服D谁好?
下一篇:透明盒里的巷战-柏林1945
发表于 2010-11-8 09:07 | 显示全部楼层
哇塞,全手工啊!
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-11-8 09:11 | 显示全部楼层
羡慕手艺人~~~~~~~~~~~~~~````
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-11-8 09:11 | 显示全部楼层
也看到了,非常强
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-11-8 09:22 | 显示全部楼层
DID 快出拿破仑系列吧 都等了1年了~
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-11-8 09:25 | 显示全部楼层
这手艺 太强了
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-11-8 09:28 | 显示全部楼层
好手艺呀,赞了
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-11-8 09:34 | 显示全部楼层
小时候打arpg或srpg一般都认为龙骑都是拿长鎗骑龙或杀龙的。
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-11-8 09:34 | 显示全部楼层
小时候打arpg或srpg一般都认为龙骑都是拿长鎗骑龙或杀龙的。
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2010-11-8 09:46 | 显示全部楼层
有这手艺可以省很多米了
我要说一句 收起回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|bbs.bbicn.com ( 粤ICP备20066041号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 00:11 , Processed in 0.229878 second(s), 30 queries .