☆ 天津 神秘博物馆 实体店
☆ 御车族-福州兵人模型店皇冠金牌店
查看: 2675|回复: 14

[News] Chronicle Collectibles 新品:1/2 机械战警 / Robocop 半身像

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-9-21 23:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
BBICN 上海旗舰淘宝店
Chronicle Collectibles Robocop 1/2 Scale Bust – Toyark Photo Shoot

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a huge Robocop fan. It’s one of the few licenses where I’ve splurged a bit on higher end items. Last year, Chronicle Collectibles revealed an all-new 1/2 scale bust based on the original Robocop , and it was a piece I wanted immediately. The classically styled bust measures at 15″ tall, with a themed logo base. Chronicle is known for their attention to details, often collaborating with the people and studios who created the original designs and props for the collectibles they are producing. They previously worked with legendary designer Phil Tippet to release a replica of the Robocop 2 Cain model used in filming. The Robocop 1/2 Scale Bust is now available. It’s priced at $350 with less than 40 remaining on the original 300 piece production run. You can order it by Clicking Here.

Chronicle Collectibles has provided us with a Robocop bust to review. I’ve put it through the paces and taken a detailed gallery. After the jump, you can find my thoughts as well as a full photo shoot.

Robocop 1/2 Scale Bust by Chronicle Collectibles

Pros

Outstanding fine details
Excellent sculpt throughout
Great metallic paint on the suit
Sturdy with no fragile areas
Nice use of materials for a realistic look
Cons

No unmasked head sculpt
Overall
Robocop comes packaged in a large windowless box. The exterior is decorated with photos of the bust as well as graphical elements from the original film, such as film stills and the OCP logo. The bust itself sits in two pieces inside a protective styrofoam tray. Side note, the foam does a good job of keeping the bust intact. The mail room guy slammed the box down at my desk and I thought for sure the bust would be shattered. Thankfully, it was not. To assemble the bust, you need to insert the metal dowel that is attached to Robocop into the themed base. The mechanical style arm rests on the back of the bust, keeping it firmly in place.

Standing about 15″ tall and about 8″ wide at the shoulders, the Robocop bust is a large collectible that will require a nice dedicated space to display. The bust is constructed of multiple materials, with (what I believe is) polystone being the base, with additions over top to give it a metal and protective armor look. The Robocop suit areas have a stellar light metallic texturing to it. The armor appears to be hand painted with very light washes of blues, silvers and purples. It’s then topped with a very reflective coating that adds an incredibly smooth surface to all of the armor pieces. It’s quite deceptive, as it looks like it would have an almost sandpaper texture to it, but the clear coat is polished down for an almost ceramic feel to it. The look in person is very much like the paint used on new automobiles. You can really only tell that it’s even painted when you get up close. From just a few feet away, it simply looks like the armor is reflecting the colors of the environment. It’s impressive and clean looking, and contrasts well against the stark black of the material used for the chin strap and abdomen. There, they use a different painting and production technique, which keeps those areas barely reflective, with a dark and rich black color. The chin strap is as smooth as the armor pieces, while the abdomen has a more rubber like texture look to it. Like the movie, the only exposed skin on Robocop is his lower face. There they have a highly textured sculpt for the skin, with great attention to detail. You can see the subtle shifts in skin texture and the slight wrinkles around the cheeks and mouth. Careful paint work here keeps the skin tone natural looking, and it clearly evokes the look of Peter Weller wearing the mask.

Speaking of Peter Weller, it appears as if, like other companies, likeness rights couldn’t be obtained for the actor. The only real mark I can put against this bust is that there’s no unmasked head sculpt or removable mask. That feature would have sent this, already great collectible, completely over the top. The sculptors got about as close as you can get for the lower jaw, as there’s no mistaking that’s based on Weller’s jawline.

The base for the bust is the heaviest part. It’s solid polystone, ensuring that the bust will never be easily tipped over. The front has a metallic Robocop logo plaque over it. the design of the plaque takes various elements of Robocops suit to create a nice display piece on its own. The back used a mechanical prop piece that sits nicely against the smooth backing to the bust. The mechanical arm reminds me of the pieces used in Robocop’s chair at the police station. When fully assembled, it evokes a modern take on classic museum busts.

At $350, the bust isn’t going to be for everyone. For those that can afford it, this is absolutely worth acquiring. It’s got an incredibly realistic look to it, and displays well with other Robocop collectibles (pictured in the gallery with the Enterbay, Hot Toys, NECA and Figma Robocop figures). See a few select photos below and our full gallery after that.

Chronicle-Robocop-Half-Scale-Bust-026.jpg

Chronicle-Robocop-Half-Scale-Bust-008.jpg
Chronicle-Robocop-Half-Scale-Bust-022.jpg
Chronicle-Robocop-Half-Scale-Bust-011.jpg
Chronicle-Robocop-Half-Scale-Bust-033.jpg
conew_chronicle-robocop-half-scale-bust-014.jpg
conew_chronicle-robocop-half-scale-bust-017.jpg
conew_chronicle-robocop-half-scale-bust-035.jpg

上一篇:Prime 1 Studio:33寸《蝙蝠侠-阿甘骑士》- 未来蝙蝠侠 白色版 雕像(MMDC-10WH#)
下一篇:BY-ART 新品:1:1 恶灵骑士---武器道具
发表于 2017-9-21 23:38 | 显示全部楼层
好逼真 经典
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-9-22 00:46 | 显示全部楼层
脸涂的
我要说一句 收起回复
WORLD BOX
发表于 2017-9-22 08:55 | 显示全部楼层
大佬 加个好友我也是战警迷 交流一下
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-9-22 09:09 | 显示全部楼层
战警控啊,再入就该1/1了吧~
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-9-22 09:41 | 显示全部楼层
做的好牛逼啊,~~膜拜
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-9-22 10:29 | 显示全部楼层
这个不错
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-9-22 10:34 | 显示全部楼层
新战警电影真是把这个题材毁掉了! 还是老版本设定经典啊,30年过去了仍然感觉很前卫的设计!
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-9-22 11:41 | 显示全部楼层
1/2,厉害了。
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-9-22 13:15 | 显示全部楼层
很屌啊,希望价格不要太贵
我要说一句 收起回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|bbs.bbicn.com ( 粤ICP备20066041号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 21:50 , Processed in 0.210779 second(s), 29 queries .