☆ 天津 神秘博物馆 实体店
☆ 御车族-福州兵人模型店皇冠金牌店
查看: 4542|回复: 13

[参考] Schmucker作品:侦察吉普车:第一陆军,第四骑兵机械化小组,齐格菲防线

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-6-12 11:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
BBICN 上海旗舰淘宝店
本帖最后由 xjjiaoshou 于 2017-6-12 11:45 编辑

Reconnaissance Jeep: First Army, Fourth Cavalry Mechanized Group, Siegfried Line

This is a little cluttered but between the forums and photobucket it's a miracle to get a lot of coordination.

I'm leaving the area for a few months for work, and so the loose gear tap is turned off and the nudes and headsculpts are all packed away. Before I disappear, however, I want to share with you all my latest large scale project. This is a culmination of a lot of planning, buying and modeling. I welcome comments and criticism.

First Army, 4th Cavalry Regiment, September 1944, Siegfried Line after a firefight, Recon "Peep" 21
The Fourth Cavalry Regiment had a storied career during the second world war. They were still training on horseback in the 1930s, and like other cavalry and reconnaissance regiments had to shift to mechanized warfare quickly. Their first real combat, in some respect was their divided role in the Normandy Invasion; Some clearing a heavily fortified but unmanned series of islands (and becoming the first US troops to come ashore on D-Day) and some joining with the 82nd at Utah Beach.

The Fourth provided flanking and screening roles across the Cotentin Peninsula before moving into Belgium. They crossed the Siegfried Line in September of 1944 and all seemed like smooth sailing for the boys of the Fourth. Throughout the winter, however, in the midst of the Battle of the Bulge the men of the Fourth Cavalry Regiment were involved in fierce and heavy fighting against German resistance. They lost many of their squad leaders during a push to capture the town of Bogheim.

This jeep represents a cavalry reconnaissance vehicle of the Fourth Cavalry and its driver near the Belgium/German border. The crew has just finished clearing a town on the way to the border, and the rest of the crew is out "shopping" while the driver has a coffee and a cracker. There's a lot more to take in from the photos, and I welcome you to look closely. I've included a lot of details to create what I think is a good representation of a recon jeep at rest.

The Build:
This was one of two kits I purchased last summer and built from more-or-less scratch. The MG pedestal mount, dash mount, and antennae are from East Coast Armory and the fire extinguisher is Armorpax. I believe the MG mount on top of the pedestal is from Armorpax. Please correct me if I'm wrong! I can't recommend the pieces from both Armorpax and East Coast Armory enough. The rest of the mods are my own, including the functioning glovebox lid. The dinner unit, armor piercing ammo boxes and manual were printed by OneSixthScaleKing and they're just fantastic additions to a kit. I printed the map myself.

I'd like to thank the inspiration of ArmorGuy's build linked here. I got a tremendous amount of ideas and inspiration by finding that build, and I took some similar paths. Then there was Serang Kim's build from which again I borrowed some ideas. My second jeep, not featured here yet, takes more from the latter.

These kits are a LOT of fun. This was the rerelease, and had some improvements: namely the rubber tires already attached to the hubs and the metal connectors for the front wheels as opposed to the plastic ones in the original. The kit has some challenges, but I had a blast.

My great uncle was in the Fourth Cavalry, but spent his time in an M8 Greyhound. He didn't speak much about the war, but I like to think he would have gotten a kick out of this. He brought home quite a bit of Luftwaffe gear from his time in France and Belgium. There's a nod or two to that part of his service in the jeep.

Enjoy and thanks for looking. Comments and criticisms welcome!

World at War (WWI, WWII, & Civil Wars) Reconnaissance Jeep_ First Army, Fourth.jpg

World at War (WWI, WWII, & Civil Wars) Reconnaissance Jeep_ First Army, Fourth.jpg

上一篇:部分兵人和模型
下一篇:LizardKing1968作品:“那个疯狂的印第安人…” / "..That Crazy Indian.."
发表于 2017-6-12 11:50 | 显示全部楼层
以假乱真啊,太帅了!
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-6-12 11:51 | 显示全部楼层
拍的很不错!
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-6-12 12:00 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
发表于 2017-6-12 12:24 | 显示全部楼层
感觉没有人的更美
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-6-12 14:09 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
发表于 2017-6-12 14:52 | 显示全部楼层
挺帅的~~~
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-6-12 15:53 | 显示全部楼层
这个场景也非常不错
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-6-12 17:22 | 显示全部楼层
好作品
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2017-6-12 21:31 | 显示全部楼层
我去,完美
我要说一句 收起回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|bbs.bbicn.com ( 粤ICP备20066041号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 13:57 , Processed in 0.312588 second(s), 29 queries .