☆ 御车族-福州兵人模型店皇冠金牌店
查看: 9877|回复: 86

[参考] ActionMan作品:山地师与蝴蝶

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-11-30 23:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
BBICN 上海旗舰淘宝店
本帖最后由 xjjiaoshou 于 2015-12-1 01:47 编辑

The Gebirgsjager and Butterfly

Time for a break - read the precious letter from home in peace and quiet, and enjoy a rare pipe of good tobacco liberated from the Tommies.

Better clean those dusty glasses first.

A2_zpsfiteheok.jpg
A3_zpsyvoftpqq.jpg
A4_zpso2qcovou.jpg
A5_zpstpeodwgs.jpg
A6-1_zpsrk5xzdr4.jpg
A6_zpsi2pghhnh.jpg
A7_zps1je8xqw5.jpg
A8_zpstwx15lyg.jpg
A10_zpsepnul8qw.jpg
A11_zpswwzoxnsr.jpg
A12-1_zpsu39whjqu.jpg
A12_zpsttoua8gb.jpg
A13-1_zpsequdbuia.jpg
A13-2_zps4m9pkdkg.jpg
A13-3_zps96axp84c.jpg
A13_zpsvcpvfmio.jpg
A14_zpsvhtp6tgv.jpg
B1_zps0uvkqkfo.jpg
B2_zpsroudx7hh.jpg
B3_zpsjflhov8j.jpg
B4_zpsanl8dq8b.jpg
B7_zpslsietxhy.jpg
B8_zpsfqhg15ir.jpg
B9_zpsypi5xlxf.jpg
B10_zpsurjpdbsu.jpg

What's that? A butterfly...

D6_zpsgpxua2ku.jpg

C1_zpsgrporrvf.jpg
C2_zpszedlj6uh.jpg
C3_zpsnimif6fn.jpg
C4_zpseotcqata.jpg
C5_zpsytzcbor5.jpg
C6_zpsrwukk3cq.jpg
C7_zps35rfuxkq.jpg
C8_zpsbhctc9q4.jpg
C9_zpsvjsfe2gl.jpg
C10_zpsv4i9onii.jpg

And now back to the war.

D6_zpsgpxua2ku.jpg

上一篇:瞧,那部谢尔曼颜色不正!
下一篇:党卫军全国总指挥四大天王在此 养鸡的就问你怕不怕
 楼主| 发表于 2015-11-30 23:47 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 xjjiaoshou 于 2015-11-30 23:54 编辑

This DAK Obergefreiter, Geb.Jäg.Rgt. 756 is based on the uniform of the BBi Elite Force Obergefreiter 'Rudi Kessling'”

The Deutsche Afrika Korps had two mountain troop units - the DAK. 2nd Kompanie Sonderverband 288 and Gebirgsjäger Regiment 756.
The two Gebirgsjäger units tended to wear the standard leather mountain boot, though some photos also show both types of tropical boots being worn occasionally.

Geb.Jäg.Rgt. 756 wore the Army Tropical Breeches with mountain boots and knee length Wickelgamaschen (puttees) and the Army Tropical Tunic.

The 756 Gebirgsjager Regiment was raised November 9, 1942 in Wehrkreis XVIII and assigned to the 334th Infantry Division. The regiment consisted of three battalions, including antitank and heavy machinegun companies.

The 334th, commanded by Oberst Friedrich Weber, was an emergency reinforcement for the 5th Panzer Army (General Oberst Jurgen von Arnim) and this may explain its mixed structure. The division began to arrive in December 1942, with the 756th arriving in its entirety January 1943.

The 756th had barely had enough time to acclimate itself to its new surroundings when it was ordered into action. As a part of Kampfgruppe Weber, the 756th fought its first major engagement during Unternehmung Eilbote 1 (Operation Special Delivery). This attack, beginning on January 18, 1943, was intended to clear the Free French Moroccan Infantry Division off the Eastern Dorsal, a mountainous area which dominates the Tunisian Coastal Plain. Supporting the 756th was the 1st Company of the 501st schwere Panzer Abteilung (heavy Tank Battalion) equipped with Tiger 1 tanks. Their orders were to break through at Djebel Solbia.

The terrain was very rough, and the 56 ton Tigers had difficulty in maneuvering. The rough terrain, however was no obstacle to the mountain trained 756th. The regiment's performance was considered good for its first time in combat. When the operation was ended January 28, it was considered a success. The German line now ran west of the northern Tunisian passes, and Allied losses were reported to be 4,000 prisoners and over 200 vehicles, including 24 tanks and 79 guns.

On February 26, 1943 von Arnim launched Unternehmung Ochsenkopf (Operation Oxhead). The general objective was to push the 5th Panzer Army's front line beyond the road running between Djebel Abiod and Menjez. Allied lines, however, solidified since Operation Special Delivery, and the offensive was not successful. By March 19, all future attacks linked to Ochsenkopf had been cancelled.

The 756th then took up defensive positions on Hill 256. This hill had been the scene of heavy fighting the previous December, and was dubbed Christmas Hill by the Germans. To the Anglo-Americans, the hill was known as Longstop. Hill 256 consisted of two peaks, Djebel El Ahmera and Djebel El Rhaa. The strategic importance of Hill 256 was that whoever controlled the summit also controlled two major roads leading to Tunis.

On April 22, 1943 the 756th was attacked by the British 78th Infantry Division, as a part of 1st Army's offensive called Operation Vulcan. The British hit the German position with a blistering artillery barrage, and then immediately followed up with an infantry assault. It took four days of what has been described as the fiercest fighting in the Tunisian campaign to clear the 756th off both peaks.

By the end of the fourth day, the 756th had suffered such heavy casualties that it had to be written off as destroyed. Those troopers that survived Longstop were captured by the Allies in May 1943, which saw the end of the campaign in Africa.

When the 334th Division was reformed, the 756th was part of the table of organization. However, it was not reconstituted as a Gebirgsjager regiment, but rather as a two-battalion grenadier regiment.

About the figure

Sorry, I'm hopeless at keeping track of who made what kit.

I repainted the Gewehr 33/40 and added a leather sling. I also repainted the pipe and added lenses to his glasses. (You can see them in the photos above, but I took the photos below before I did the lenses).

Everything's weathered, and he has sweat stains and salt rings under his arms and on the peak of his Bergmutze but you can hardly see them in the photos.

The butterfly is a Painted Lady, which is also common in North Africa. The top and bottom surfaces of the wings are accurate, but typically the camera decided to focus on anything except the butterfly!
E1_zpscpn4emad.jpg

E2_zpszwwhgfrc.jpg
E3_zpsqvvgmkmy.jpg
E4_zpsnogph6t9.jpg
E5_zpsdsnhypgb.jpg
E6_zpsqeg6ssmf.jpg
E7_zpsxxgk5amq.jpg
E8_zpsa370aj9e.jpg
E9_zpskgzrbglt.jpg
E10_zpsryjgpv2a.jpg
E11_zps6lib9efj.jpg
E12_zpsgd2yoed3.jpg
我要说一句 收起回复
 楼主| 发表于 2015-11-30 23:47 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 xjjiaoshou 于 2015-11-30 23:56 编辑

This is the DML mule and pack saddle. I repainted the mule and added a real hair mane and tail.

The pack-saddle didn't come with a harness so I had to make one out of leather scraps and watch-strap buckles. It's probably about 75-80% accurate. Some time ago the mule and pack saddle were knocked off the shelf and three of the lower parts of the frame snapped. I repaired them with what I hope look like field-expedient repairs. I made all the the leather harness and tack.

He's carrying a lot - probably too much - but I read recently that mules can safely carry about 120 kilos. The GJ is taking the mule up to a new ouutpost so the load conststs of:

MG 34 and Lafette tripod, two ammo boxes, two ammo drums and carrier, spare MG barrel, MG sight and case, spade, pick-axe and 8(?) sandbags. Oh - and a nose-bag.
Mule 1_zpsqvwufdxi.jpg

Mule 2_zpsouvkqoku.jpg
Mule 3_zps8mankdkm.jpg
Mule 4_zpsjak0nsij.jpg
Mule 5_zpsg5nrbdcd.jpg
Mule 6_zpslu4autwt.jpg
Mule 7_zpsrlcjs3f2.jpg
Mule 8_zpsfrvtbjh2.jpg

Letter and envelope

The letter is written in German. I found it on the internet, scaled it down and printed it on cigarette paper.

The envelope has a genuine address from an envelope to a German soldier in WW2. The number 41441 is a Feldpost number (FPN) (German: Feldpostnummer). This was an identification number for a German military unit during World War II used for military mail service which means when family members and friends wanted to send mail to the corresponding unit. It wasn't unusual for the same feldpost number to be used for different units throughout the war. As one unit would be destroyed, then the number might have been reallocated at a later date.

The Feldpost number was a five digit code number and by the end of 1939, letter prefixes "L" and "M" were attached in front of each FPN to units belonging to the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine. A breakdown by military units was added by attaching letter suffixes "A" through "E" at the end of each FPN. The letter A generally signified headquarters company, the others stood for line companies. The sequence of a Feldpost number did not necessarily mean that the location of the units were at the same area.

DSCN2456 - Copy_zpsbwnfp3lh.jpg
我要说一句 收起回复
WORLD BOX
发表于 2015-11-30 23:49 | 显示全部楼层
牛!!!!!
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2015-11-30 23:59 | 显示全部楼层
很写实的外拍
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2015-12-1 00:29 | 显示全部楼层
有点寓意,是个小故事,还要专门开凿一条道来拍摄。
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2015-12-1 00:42 | 显示全部楼层
第一次觉得山地也能这样帅
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2015-12-1 00:42 | 显示全部楼层
后面拍的背景是蓝天白云就屌了!
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2015-12-1 01:21 | 显示全部楼层
翻译翻译
我要说一句 收起回复
发表于 2015-12-1 02:10 | 显示全部楼层
展开
xjjiaoshou 发表于 2015-11-30 23:47
This is the DML mule and pack saddle. I repainted the mule and added a real hair mane and tail.

他好寂寞喔~
我要说一句 收起回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|bbs.bbicn.com ( 粤ICP备20066041号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 00:28 , Processed in 0.465396 second(s), 31 queries .